Monday, August 26, 2013

Categorized | Probably Not True Chelsea star linked with Arsenal again


 Chelsea star linked with Arsenal again
There are also times when you can happily accept that you were wrong (because the “wrong” option is a actually a very good thing!) Let me explain this further:
Back in July, the Mail reported that Arsenal were looking to make a move for Juan Mata. As you can probably imagine – I knocked this back at the time thinking that there was no chance whatsoever of a move going ahead (especially not a move for their player of the season for 2 seasons in a row).  The story then went away (and no  – I dont mean because of my story….but you get the idea).
But after Chelsea  completed a move for Brazilian attacking midfielder Willian (subject to a work permit) the Mirror / People  reported late on Saturday night that Mata would be available for transfer and  quickly linked Arsenal with a move stating that Mata would not be in Mourinho’s preferred attacking trio of Oscar, Hazard and Willian.
So you can see what I mean….If I was wrong about Chelsea not wanting to let Mata leave then it could well turn out to be a very nice surprise indeed – and because of that - IF it happens I dont mind being wrong at all. Unfortunately for us though I still can’t see or understand why Chelsea would want to let a player of Mata’s calibre go – unless there is a problem between him and Mourinho. There might well be a issue beneath the surface that we can’t see – but until I see or read something more concrete I’m going to stick with the theory that this story is just speculative gossip. If (and that’s a big if) he is available – then Arsenal should be interested. I even think that it’s probably more likely now than when I wrote the original article back in July (thanks to the Spurs beating signing of Willian).  But I’m not holding out much hope no matter how much I want it to be true. Other clubs will be interested as well – which means that if he is available, Arsenal will be more than capable of making a mess of the situation.
Oh. and just to back up my theory on it not happening…This is what Mourinho had to say before the Mirror / People article even emerged:
“He is a player we all like, he is a player we want to keep. We want more quality in the team, not less. Juan is not a player we want to lose.”
http://gossip.ladyarse.com/arsenal/2013/08/26/chelsea-star-linked-with-arsenal-again/

No comments: