Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Kieran Gibbs vows to stay injury free and make England’s World Cup squad

Kieran Gibbs vows to stay injury free and make England’s World Cup squad


Gibbs vows to make England's World Cup squad
Fit and ready to go: Kieran Gibbs is delighted to have returned to peak fitness (Picture: Getty)
Arsenal full-back Kieran Gibbs says he is desperate to fire his way into the England squad ahead of next year’s World Cup.
Gibbs, who has two caps for England at senior level, has seen his bid to make the squad on a regular basis halted by a number of troublesome injuries.
However, after a faultless start to this season, the full-back says he is on a fitness regime and is confident it can help him earn a recall to Roy Hodgson’s side.
‘This is the best I’ve felt physically,’ he explained.
‘I have always felt that when I am able to get a run of games, that is what I needed to kick on. Now I feel I am kicking on. I need to keep that going and stay fit.

‘I am getting stronger and stronger.
‘My first challenge is to stay fit and concentrate on Arsenal and give myself the best chance [to return for England].’
Gibbs knows that even if fully fit, he will struggle to make the Three Lions’ setup with Ashley Cole and Leighton Baines both regulars.
But the defender says he is up for the challenge of trying to oust them from the team.
‘It is a challenge to compete against two world-class left-backs, both at the top of their games,’ Gibbs added,
‘I just have to see it as that and give my best.’
http://metro.co.uk/2013/09/24/kieran-gibbs-vows-to-stay-injury-free-and-make-englands-world-cup-squad-4098459/

 

No comments: