Saturday, September 28, 2013

Arsene Wenger: I'm Gunner stay at Arsenal

Arsene Wenger: I'm Gunner stay at Arsenal

ARSENE WENGER is ready to sign a new contract to extend his love affair with Arsenal.
Arsene Wenger, arsenal, cup, Wenger says he wants to feel like he is doing well at the club in order to stay [GETTY]
The Premier League's longest-serving manager celebrates his 17th anniversary in charge of the Gunners today.
And 63-year-old Wenger, whose contract expires next summer, has no plans to walk away.
He said: "The good thing with me, if I have one quality, is you don't need a lot of talks to extend the contract I have.
"I don't know when I will sign a new deal - when we find time. I love this club and want to do well for this club. I don't believe that anybody can question my commitment to this club.
"I want to feel that I do well and then the question of me staying will be secondary after that.
Owner Stan Kroenke still has faith in Wenger [GETTY] Owner Stan Kroenke still has faith in Wenger [GETTY]
“If I'm still here today, it's because I got that consistent support from inside the club.”
Arsene Wenger
"Honestly, I would like to be here for ever because that would mean I would be immortal."
Despite failing to bring any silverware to the Emirates since 2005, owner Stan Kroenke insists Wenger is a key part of the club's long-term plans.
The Frenchman added: "I'm very grateful to this club.
"During the 17 years we had ups and downs, but they have always shown a big faith in me and always let me do the job like I thought it had to be done.
"If I'm still here today, it's because I got that consistent support from inside the club."
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/341467/Arsene-Wenger-I-m-Gunner-stay-at-Arsenal 

No comments: