Monday, February 24, 2014

Larsson hopes to play part in Sunderland’s Capital One Cup final after Arsenal defeat


Arsenal's Mikel Arteta (left) and Sunderland's Sebastian Larsson during the Barclays Premier League match at the Emirates Stadium
 Larsson hopes to play part in Sunderland’s Capital One Cup final after Arsenal defeat Arsenal's Mikel Arteta (left) and Sunderland's Sebastian Larsson during the Barclays Premier League match at the Emirates Stadium Arsenal's Mikel Arteta (left) and Sunderland's Sebastian Larsson during the Barclays Premier League match at the Emirates Stadium Published on the 23 February 2014 19:17 Print this SEB LARSSON hopes Gus Poyet’s re-drawn plans for the Capital One Cup final will enable him to play his part in a second Wembley triumph. Sunderland boss Poyet insisted after Saturday’s 4-1 rout at Arsenal that he had ripped up his blueprint for next weekend’s showdown against Manchester City, following a desperately lacklustre first half from the Black Cats at the Emirates. Larsson, along with fellow half-time substitute Emanuele Giaccherini, helped Sunderland improve markedly after the break, to at least prevent the title-chasing Gunners registering a cricket score. And the Swedish international, part of the Birmingham side who lifted the League Cup in 2011, is keeping his fingers crossed that he has caught his manager’s eye sufficiently to be recalled to the starting XI at Wembley. Larsson said: “I would be lying if I said I didn’t care. I’m desperate to play. “If I don’t, it will obviously be a massive disappointment. “In a sense, it’s the biggest game of the season for us, even though we have to make sure we stay in the league. “It’s a massive occasion and I’ve been lucky enough to go there before and win it. “First of all, you always want to do well for yourself, but you need to do well for the team and the club too. “That’s something I’ve always had in me. “I do my best for the team and the club, and whenever I’m on the pitch, I’ll do my best.”
http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/sport/football/sunderland-afc/larsson-hopes-to-play-part-in-sunderland-s-capital-one-cup-final-after-arsenal-defeat-1-6457975 

No comments: