Friday, February 21, 2014

Jon Toral has yet to make an appearance for the Arsenal senior team, but the youngster is glad he moved to Arsenal.


Jon Toral has yet to make an appearance for the Arsenal senior team, but the youngster is glad he moved to Arsenal.

Arriving from Barcelona with Hector Bellerin in 2011, Jon Toral has been dogged by injuries. Missing the second half of last season, the 19 year old believes that his injury problems have helped make him stronger.
Signing his first professional contract with the club last February, Toral has no regrets about moving to England, claiming it was his dream to play in the Premier League since he was a youngster.
toral
Toral told Goal
“It was bad [the situation after his injuries], but I had my family at my side, Hector Bellerin, my friends, the national team have always been asking about me as well, which gives you confidence. And at the end of the day with the support from everybody it is not so bad. At the end of it, you learn to become stronger.
“Since I was young I have always dreamt of playing in the Premier League, my mother is English, I have family there, and I’ve followed the league since I was young, so I decided to take advantage of the opportunity and test myself at Arsenal.
“All in all, my time in London and leaving Barcelona has been very positive. I am learning a lot, it’s an experience. I’m living alone, and I have also grown as a person.
“The injuries make you mentally strong. I’m learning every day. I see the chance to move up into the first team. Above all, because I believe in myself. I always have done since I arrived at Arsenal. I’ve not lost confidence.
“The injuries maybe set you back, but they never finish anybody. If you are mentally and physically strong, injuries can’t stop you. I believe in myself, and I see possibilities. I know that the manager Arsene Wenger also has confidence in me.”
The Spaniard believes that his arrival from another country was helped by the fact that there were other Spanish players at Arsenal as he adds
“I see the other Spanish players at the training ground, and I get on well with them. Santi Cazorla, Nacho Monreal and Mikel Arteta have also helped me a lot.
“You arrive for the first time and you find yourself in the same gym as Cazorla, as Arteta, they are working there with you, and your first thought is ‘Wow, I’m here with those guys!’
“They are normal people, very good people, who help you and support you. Mikel is very professional, he’s a great. Cazorla and Monreal are very easy-going. Henry and Pires were here with the team over Christmas, and it’s very exciting to see them there.”
But it’s not just the Spaniards who Toral looks too as he cites Jack Wilshere, who made his way through the youth ranks at Arsenal to become a first team regular.
Toral said
“Wilshere and the others have come through the youth teams, and there is a close relationship between the first team and the reserves.
“There’s a very good atmosphere. The relationship with Wenger is also very good. He’s not arrogant at all, although it can seem like that from the outside. He knows when you have to work, and you learn a lot from him.”
He also had something to say about Mesut Ozil, who has come in for heavy [unwarranted] criticism recently, especially after his penalty miss against Bayern Munich. Toral added
“Ozil is one of the best players in the world. Everybody wants him, that’s the truth. He is a big pull with the fans. But the most important thing is that he helps the team so much, he has given them a lift.
“When people see Arsenal they now respect them a lot more, because of the players that they have, and because Ozil makes those around him better Get the new iPad Air. Converts on a zip submit. US traffic only. No incent. No Co-Reg. Offer Cap: 1,000 daily.

No comments: